Sunday 8 November 2015

Brajesh's Review : Blood Red Sari


While we have Ashok Banker’s entire Ramayana series on our book-shelf, I haven’t had the courage to pick up an 8 volume series. I really turned fan of Ashok Banker through the beautiful Ten Kings.

When I saw that Kindle was offering “Blood Red Sari” for free, I downloaded it to see how a master of historical fiction would treat a pure modern fiction. In the end my response to this book is kind of mixed. While I love the characters and speed of the narrative. I simultaneously felt the actual story line and situations were really far-fetched and believability was a big challenge.

The other irritation for me was to figure out at the end of the book that this was first in a series and most resolutions were left hanging for the sequel. I felt cheated that an author of this repute would hide the fact that the book is not complete and lure me to the last page and then leave me hanging. If the attempt is to make me buy the next few books (first being free on kindle) I must say the author and publisher both have failed miserably as they have an irritated reader at hand.

Rating : 2.5/5


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...