Monday 8 July 2013

Brajesh's Review : The Alchemist - Graphic Novel


I had read the Alchemist half a decade back and ordered this graphic novel with great expectations as a refresh. This one is a total flop, while the images are cool and using Paulo Coelho as inspiration to draw the King of Salem is smart, nothing else worked for me.

I remember the original book moving me deeply and this graphic version didn't even stir any emotions. AVOID if you are seeking any connect with Coelho.

My fear is that instead to expanding the base for "The Alchemist", this version will actually put people off the philosophy of the original. My advice, keep away from the graphic version, submerge yourself in the original and enjoy the beauty.

Rating : 2 / 5



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...