Saturday 9 March 2013

Brajesh's Review: Our Moon Has Blood Clots - The Exodus of the Kashmiri Pandits

A book which made me cry. This hasn't happened to me in a long time. I was totally overwhelmed by emotions through the book, and at the moment when Rahul Pandita (the author) takes his wheelchair bound mother around his newly acquired Gurgaon "house" i actually sat-up in my bed and cried.

Through my life I have known so many Razdans, Bhans, Mattoos, Kauls and Panditas as friends, colleagues and acquaintances and they never held any identity for me other than their friendship. I was always curious, but never intrusive about the traumatic chapter in their lives. Thanks Rahul for laying it out bare, cold and raw. I feel we must "forgive" but never - ever "forget" the chapter of Kahmiri Pandit's exodus. In remembrance we respect and through memories we heal. This is the non-fiction book of 2013 for me.


Rating : 5 / 5




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...