Friday 30 November 2012

Brajesh's Review: Life of Pi


Yann Martel's - "Life of Pi" has been on my bookshelf for over 2 years. But I finally decided to read it, just before watching the movie - since we firmly believe that over 90% of the time, the books are better than their movies.

When I was done reading, I felt quite bad about not reading "Life of Pi" earlier. Truly a masterclass.

The simplicity of words and the power of the message is so beautifully woven in an impossible situational story line. The movie makes a brilliant attempt in taking the core of the book and turning it into a spectacle which in my guess will take a minimum of 4 Oscars this year.

I recommend to every person who has seen the movie to read this book and submerge oneself in the beautiful discourse on religion and food :) Those were the two parts which connected with me best. Since food is nothing but God's grace on earth ;) ;)

Rating: 4.5 / 5






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...